Friday 1 April 2011

Ten:10 edition 3 - Tsemaye Binitie



While creating my best of Arise magazine Fashion week pages this designer stood out for me. Not just because he was one of the few that didn’t feel the need to use ANKARA everywhere but because his collection boldly kept to one colour block don’t get me wrong I love orange and I couldn’t help but notice how on point (in terms of trend colours) he was, but to use such a colour to dominate his collection it was a risky but genius decision!!


More so his collection stood out to me because of how it made me feel.   

It’s always hard for a designer to have a clear vision, that staple that speaks for itself but I intently felt is in his....I saw luxury with an edge and after visiting his website, my fist impression of his design voice was confirmed.

I got a change to interview Tsemaye and find out more about the brand.

Enjoy!


1) Who is Tsemaye Binitie?

Tsemaye Binitie is a contemporary label characterised by exquisite clothing that encapsulates a love of luxury and innovative design. 

Tsemaye Binitie the boy is a shy young man that just wants to create beautiful clothes.



2) How did you start your company?

I had always known I wanted to be in design for myself, I started the company on a whim that came to me when everything felt right.



3) How long have you been selling online for?

Well I have been selling online at myasho.com since the very first season. They were my very first online stockist and have been very supportive of my label.



4) Who is your ideal customer?

My ideal customer is every woman. I want to make her feel like a modern icon of strength, beauty and glamour. 


5) Who is your creative designer?

Me!

6) How/Where do you manufacture your clothes?

All clothes are made in the UK.




7) What inspires your designs?

I am inspired by all that surrounds me, from my sister to my mum to friends and places, things and experiences that I have had.



8) what roles do you or your employees/ partners play from the creation to the selling aspect of the clothes?

I am in control of every aspect of the development of my company.


9) As an up and coming (Nigerian) Designer what are your biggest challenges?

As an up and coming designer we face many challenges the biggest being trying to get your label a voice in the market that can then drives the sales of our product.



10) What advise can you give to people that wish to pursue a career like yours? 

Love what you do so that you put your all into it.






Thank you xxxx




For more information or to shop check out these sites:
Website: www.tsemayebinitie.com 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Tsemaye-Binitie-Fashion
Stockist: www.myasho.com


No comments:

Post a Comment