Tuesday 12 July 2011

ArchiNaija -International Conference Center in Nigeria

So someone sent me an email about how much they loved my feature on ArchiNaija - Eko Atlantic and asked me to do more ArchiNaija features..to be honest I almost forgot about that segment on my blog....My bad... I will try and be more consistent with ArchiNaija ...I really don't have an excuse I have loads of  projects saved on my computer... In fact I'm sereously thinking of creating a new blog for this ...hmmmm... will get back to you on that ...but for now.....check this out...

enjoy!!!

International Conference Center in Nigeria by Henning Larsen Architects


The Calabar International Conference Center in the southeastern part of Nigeria is located in the scenic river delta of the Cross River State bordering Cameroun.

The multi-functional and flexible building will also offer the citizens of Calabar a new cultural centre that will provide the setting for concerts, film festivals and exhibitions.
The Calabar International Conference Centre consists of four adjoining, sculptural volumes. The building is situated on top of a hill and has a panoramic view from the foyer. On the one side, the location on the middle of the hill creates a natural amphitheatre with a room for several thousand people. On the other side, you have a spectacular view of the river delta.

The volumes are cast in concrete and appear as sharply cut. The main hall can be opened up towards the outdoor amphitheatre so the technical installations of the stage can also be used in connection with outdoor events. The flexible building design allows for several types of events to take place at the same time.

Year of construction:2011 - 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment